writersatplay

Saturday, February 25, 2006

Where do story ideas come from?

For the writers out there -- Where do your ideas for stories come from?

I'm supposed to do a little presentation at my next RWA chapter meeting on this topic - and I'm rather clueless. Shhh... that's just our little secret.

I've been thinking on it - and still not sure where mine come from. From everywhere I think. I just watch and observe everything. I was driving home from a day out a week or so ago and had to drive through this town where they had a crossing guard helping kids across the street after school. I sat and watched and thought to myself, now wouldn't he make an interesting character in a story? Maybe even a hero if he was a little younger - and sexier. Maybe an undercover cop or fbi agent? There on a mission to.... and it kept building and building. Of course I haven't written that one down yet - but I need to do that. Might be interesting.

I'd love to know where everybody else gets ideas though? Any place in particular?

Posted by Anonymous :: 7:03 PM :: 3 Comments:

Have Something to Say?

---------------------------- ~~~ ----------------------------