writersatplay

Monday, February 06, 2006

Bouncing between stories

Is anybody out there besides me crazy enough to bounce around between stories? As if it's not hard enough to keep things straight in my head - I've been bouncing between these three different stories I have going. I blame it on contest goals mostly. I just had to get these two new stories started for contests - and of course I have the story that I'm supposed to be finishing. I'm so bad. Any editors I might be targeting happen to be reading? CLOSE YOUR EYES. I'm so stuck in this requested story - not sure if it's the fear of finishing or just lack of inspiration - motivation - what ever the heck it is that it takes to push through those final chapters? Just not knowing for sure where I want to go? Yeah - that's it.

Anyway - that's so not what I was going to post about tonight.

Just curious if anybody works on more than one story at a time and if they have a hard time keeping the characters true to their own unique personalities when they do that? I have one hero that is supposed to be totally alpha male and the others just usually end up being whatever they are, I don't think about it much while I'm writing them usually. But, I can't help but wonder if when I'm writing one story and then switch over to another - if maybe the characters don't start all blending together and I end up shooting myself in the foot.

What's everybody think?

Posted by Anonymous :: 1:20 AM :: 2 Comments:

Have Something to Say?

---------------------------- ~~~ ----------------------------